- Students should read in French from Monday to Wednesday this week. Students should also write a 1 sentence response to their nightly reading in their agenda.
- Spelling homework continues this week. Students will receive new words tomorrow. Don't forget that students have the option of doing activities on SpellingCity.com or the SpellingCity app to practice their words. Students are always welcome to study in other ways as well, i.e. with a parent or guardian. The test will be next Day 6, which is next Wednesday.
- Students should continue to work in their yellow duo-tangs on their math work and should complete a minimum of 2 pages before Thursday.
- March/April book order is due this Thursday, April 11th.
- Hat Day this Thursday to raise money for Easter Seals. Students are welcome to wear a hat on Thursday in exchange for a small donation.
- A coupon book fundraiser went home last week on Friday. Orders will be collected back on April 23rd and 24th.
- What we are working on in class this week, but work at home is not required:
Math - Adding and Subtracting Decimal Numbers (up to hundredths). We will continue this unit this week and will have a test next week.
English - Fractured Fairy Tales - Students will be continuing to write and edit their stories. Ideally, students will have finished their first draft by now, but if they have not they will need to do so in the coming days. Students have started to plan their illustrations. Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 9th, we will be starting the illustrations in class. Students have the option of using watercolour paint or their own school supplies.
French - In French, students will be writing an opinion text on a topic of their choice. They have been working on coming up with a topic and doing research to find examples, statistics and facts to support their point of view.