- Students should read in French from Tuesday to Thursday this week. Students should also write a 1 sentence response to their nightly reading in their agenda.
- Spelling homework continues this week, but the test will not be until next Monday, April 29th. Don't forget that students have the option of doing activities on SpellingCity.com or the SpellingCity app to practice their words. Students are always welcome to study in other ways as well, i.e. with a parent or guardian.
- Students should continue to work in their yellow duo-tangs on their math work and should complete a minimum of 2 pages before Thursday.
- BAKE SALE TOMORROW - The grade five students are having a fundraiser - 1 dollar per item.
- What we are working on in class this week, but work at home is not required:
Math - Now that we have finished up Adding and Subtracting Decimal Numbers, we are doing a mini-unit on Telling Time (on an analogue clock).
English - Fractured Fairy Tales - Those students who have not yet finished their stories (started at the end of January), are strongly encouraged to work on them at home if they have access to a computer connected to the Internet.
- The web browser Google Chrome can be downloaded for free on most computers. Students can then login to their Google Accounts using their username and password to login to the Chromebooks at school. The only difference is, students must pair their username with "@cloud.edu.pe.ca". For example, if your username was "jsmith" your sign-in name to your Google account would be "firstname.lastname@example.org" Students work is located in "Google Docs."
- We have been continuing illustrations for the students' storybooks in class.
French - In French, students are continuing work on an opinion text on a topic of their choice. They have been working on coming up with a topic and doing research to find examples, statistics and facts to support their point of view. Some students are now finishing their rough drafts.